Embracing Ability: Making it Happen
- Following a very successful inaugural conference in 2013, AIM promises a bigger and better event in 2014. Book soon to secure your seat. Early bird pricing is in effect until Dec. 15th! The theme is “Making It Happen”. We have lined-up an impressive group of keynote speakers and workshop presenters who will inspire all who attend to do great things.
25th Annual APSE National Conference
- Association of People Supporting Employment "Livin'the dream...building the future for Employment First! Hyatt Regency Long Beach, CA
Learning Disability Association Annual Conference
- Join us for the 2014 LDA Annual Conference! LDA’s mission is to create opportunities for success for all individuals affected by learning disabilities and to reduce the incidence of learning disabilities in future generations. LDA believes everyone can succeed at school, at work, in relationships, and in the community—given the right opportunities and supports as needed. Please bring your family, friends and co-workers to the 2014 LDA Conference in Anaheim, CA, for a time of learning and discovering how we can advocate and work together to create new opportunities for children and adults with learning disabilities. We are excited to be right on Disney property this year!
“Fourth International Conference on Families with Parental Mental Health Challenges: Addressing th
- 2014 Ed Roberts Campus, Berkeley, California Conference Description: This conference will bring researchers, educators, policy-makers, and providers from across disciplines together with members of the judiciary and those with lived experience. The primary aim is to share knowledge and experience, to advance the rights and highlight the needs of families striving to live well with parental mental health challenges. Related objectives include provision of an interactive forum to discuss common experiences, effective and evidence informed support and advocacy strategies, and contemporary, cutting edge, research.
30th Pacific Rim International Conference
- 30th Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity, Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, Hawaii on May 19 & 20, 2014. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 808 956-7539. Please visit www.pacrim.hawaii.edu. Proposal submission starts on September 1, 2013. Pacific Rim International Forum on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, May 17, 2014, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Hawaii. Email email@example.com, or call 808 956-7539.
The 6th National Biennial Conference on Adolescents and Adults with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- It is imperative to a just society to acknowledge, address and support adolescents and adults with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder within the context of ethical service provision. Now is the time for the exploration, examination and deliberation of what we do, how we do it and how we might change. The conference will bring together a diverse group of professionals, families and individuals with FASD to discuss research, evidence, model practice and ideas to expand how we sustain and enhance the lives of individuals with FASD. Participants will consider and debate how we continue to build on strengths and modify existing programs, services and systems to address barriers to ethical practice in healthcare, housing, social services, mental health, criminal and civil justice, employment and education. Participants will explore ideas for the creation and provision of integrated and collaborative approaches across systems with an emphasis on inclusion, creating a good life, social justice and practicality.