6th International Conference on FASD
- This advanced level conference continues to bring together experts from multiple disciplines to share international research. From the pure science, to prevention, diagnosis and intervention across the lifespan, the conference will address the implications of this research and promote scientific/community collaboration. It provides an opportunity to enhance understanding of the relationships between knowledge and research and critical actions related to FASD. First held in 1987, the conference brings together people passionate about this work in a stimulating environment where they can learn and forge new partnerships.
DRN Conference 2015 - Honouring the Cultural Diversity in Disability
- DRNBC's two-day annual conference brings together educators, disability services providers, and community members from across the province to share knowledge, latest research, new ideas and common experiences.
Claiming Full Citizenship: Self Determination, Personalization and Individualized Funding
- With the passage of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, self-determination, personalization and individualized funding initiatives have a new foundation upon which to build. In countries all over the world, these initiatives are transforming the lives of people with disabilities. Like the shift from institutions to community services, these initiatives are a momentous step forward in assisting disabled and elderly people achieve meaningful and rewarding lives as full citizens. In October of 2015, UBC Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship is hosting: Claiming Full Citizenship: an international conference on Individualized Funding, Self Determination, and Personalization. We invite you to join us and share in the excitement and fellowship of this important event.
European Union of Supported Employment
- The European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE) and the Portuguese Association of Supported Employment (APEA) organize the 12th European Conference of Supported Employment, an event to be held in Lisbon, Portugal 2015, May 27th to 29th at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. The theme for the 12th European Conference is: “Improving Diversity through Supported Employment”.
Pacific Rim 2015
- The Pacific Rim International Conference, considered one of the most ‘diverse gatherings’ in the world, encourages and respects voices from “diverse” perspective across numerous areas, including: voices from persons representing all disability areas; experiences of family members and supporters across all disability and diversity areas; responsiveness to diverse cultural and language differences; evidence of researchers and academics studying diversity and disability; stories of persons providing powerful lessons; examples of program providers, and; action plans to meet human and social needs in a globalized world. In 2015, new topic areas will promote thoughtful discussion and suggest new ways to integrate education, technology, advocacy, activism and interdisciplinary research. We all strive to strengthen communities and enhance the lives of all human beings. Together, we can harness the tremendous synergy generated by the intermingling and cross-fertilization of diverse perspectives, and ‘spread the word’ as we continue our professional and personal life journey. Take your first steps to the islands by visiting the website: www.pacrim.hawaii.edu. We welcome your ideas, suggestions and enthusiasm. Then join us in Waikiki, Hawaii, May 18 & 19, 2015.